Bike and Roll Chicago is one of Chicago’s longest-running providers of bike tours, bike rentals, and guided Segway tours. Since their founding in 1993 they have helped visitors and residents alike explore this wonderful city in a unique, environmentally friendly way. They operate an assortment of guided bike and Segway tours that run throughout the heart of downtown Chicago—while also maintaining multiple bike-rental systems located all across the city.
Popular Bike and Roll Tours
Bike and Roll Chicago offers a number of different types of guided bike and Segway tours. Popular guided bike rides offered by Bike and Roll Chicago include tours that explore fabulous Chicago neighborhoods like Lincoln Park, Old Town, and the Gold Coast. There’s also a special tour that winds through the neighborhoods of Pilsen and Chinatown before stopping for a tour through the Lagunitas Brewery. Popular Segway tours are available that will see you riding through Navy Pier, Millennium Park, Grant Park, the Museum Campus, and much more. If you want the flexibility to go your own way at your own pace, you can also simply rent bikes from Bike and Roll Chicago. A variety of makes and models are available, and may be rented by the hour or for the entire day.
Lincoln Park Bike Adventure: This popular bike tour runs daily between the months of May and September. Typically lasting anywhere between 2 and 3 hours, this ride is considered “easy.” On this excursion you’ll bike Chicago’s gorgeous Lakefront Trail, and along the way highlights will include such attractions as North Avenue Beach, Lincoln Park Zoo, and Lincoln Park Conservatory. Tickets cost approximately $45 for adults, and $35 for all children under the age of 12 years old. The Lincoln Park Bike Adventure departs from Navy Pier at 10:00am.
Navy Pier Skyline: This Segway tour last about 2 hours, and costs approximately $75 for adults, and $65 for all participants between the ages of 12 and 20 years old. It runs between June and August, departing from Navy Pier every day of the week at your choice of 10:00am, 2:00pm, or 6:00pm. This pleasant outing takes you to Milton Lee Olive Park, near Ohio Street Beach, where you’ll have spectacular views of Lake Michigan and some of downtown Chicago’s most famous skyscrapers.
The Amazing Lakefront: This 2.5-hour-long Segway tour takes you through the heart of downtown Chicago’s incredible system of parks. Along the way you’ll have terrific views on such landmarks as Buckingham Fountain, Grant Park, the Museum Campus, and much more. Tickets cost about $75 for adults, and around $65 for anyone between the ages of 12 and 20 years old. The Amazing Lakefront Segway tour departs at either 10:30am or 2:30pm daily between the months of May and September. These tours leave from Bike and Roll Chicago’s location at the northeast corner of Millennium Park, close to Pritzker Pavilion, near the intersection of Randolph Street and Columbus Drive.
Things to Know & Bike and Roll Insider Tips
- Families or groups traveling with children should note that, to participate in any one of Bike and Roll Chicago’s Segway tours, you must be at least 12 years old.
- For all Segway tours, it is highly recommended that you wear some sort of closed-toe athletic shoe or sneaker.
- No matter whether you plan to go on a bike or Segway tour, all Bike and Roll Chicago tour ticket prices include the rental of a helmet.
- Families or groups wanting to rent one of Bike and Roll Chicago’s bikes should keep in mind that you can also rent a bike seat, bike wagon, and/or pedal trailer. These are great ways to include the little ones in your outdoor adventures, all without having to worry about hauling along your own kids’ seat from home.
- The price of your Bike and Roll Chicago guided tour ticket does not include any sort of gratuity. As a result, if you enjoy your tour, it is customary to tip your guide roughly 20%.
Is Bike and Roll the Tour Company for You?
Bike and Roll Chicago’s guided tours aren’t cheap by any means—in fact, there are definitely more affordable ways to see even more significant portions of the city (with less physical exertion!)—but if you’re interested in exploring downtown Chicago via bike or Segway, Bike and Roll Chicago is a terrific option. Likewise, if you want a short-term bike rental, Bike and Roll Chicago offers a nice variety of different kinds of bikes at competitive prices; their equipment is known to be in good condition and reliable.